Specialist in gynaecology and obstetrics – Medical director of the IVF laboratory
- I was born and grew up in the German-French border region, near Saarbrücken.
- I did my medical studies and obtained my doctorate at Albert-Ludwigs University in Freiburg, with overseas residencies in Zurich and Lausanne Universities in Switzerland
- I received specialist training in reproductive medicine at Heidelberg University Hospital. My endocrinology training was in the department for gynaecological endocrinology and fertility disorders (under Professor Strowitzki).
- My study on the subject of Biomarkers in Reproductive Medical Treatment enabled me to qualify as a university lecturer. In 2020, I obtained the prestigious “Venia Legendi” lecturer’s authorisation from Karl Ruprecht University in Heidelberg. I am currently still associated with that faculty in a lecturing and research role.
- I subsequently worked as a reproductive-medicine consultant at Jena University Hospital.
- Since January 2021 I have been working alongside gynaecologists Dr Behrens and Dr Hammel in their joint practice.
- I serve as a board member of the German Society for Gynaecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine (DGGEF)
- I am also a board member of the Natural Family Planning Unit (SNF)
- I am married